Brander Accountants are qualified accountants and self managed superannuation fund (SMSF) auditors. We are experienced SMSF accountants and auditors who provide independent advice. We are not financial planners and do not take commissions, therefore our focus is always to work in your best interest.
An SMSF trustee is required by law to have the self managed superannuation fund audited every year before lodging the fund income tax return.
Brander Accountants work closely with our SMSF clients to ensure they follow the strict rules and regulations as required by law and regulated by the Australian Taxation Office.
Brander Accountants staff are trained to keep up to date with the constant change to SMSF regulations and we are here to advise you on how to correct possible errors before you lodge your annual fund income tax return.
Brander Accountants will consider whether or not a self managed superannuation fund is right for you. We will also help you with the following:
- Establishment of a Corporate Trustee and Superannuation fund Trust Deed.
- Application for associated ATO registrations such as Australian Business Number, Tax file Number and GST (if required).
- Establishment of Members and all required minutes.
- Open SMSF bank accounts.
- Rollover of funds from other superannuation funds.
We generally have all necessary documentation ready for you to sign within 5 business days.
Brander Accountants can help you with your questions and take care of the annual compliance and reporting requirements for you. We can help you with the following:
- Preparation of the financial statements.
- Preparation and lodgement of the SMSF income tax return and calculation and advise of SMSF
tax liability or tax refund due.
- Audit of the SMSF by an approved auditor
- Preparation of the annual member benefits statements.
SMSF Further Information
All SMSF trustees are required to have financial statements prepared and lodge income tax and regulatory fund returns with the Australian Taxation Office each year.