• Phone: 0458 726 886‬
  • leigh@branderaccountants.com.au

What can I claim in tax returns?

An expense may be claimed if it is incurred in gaining assessable income or carrying on a business and is not a capital, personal or domestic expenses. The most common claims include motor vehicle, travel, seminars, uniform, fees to professional associations, repairs and maintenance and self-education expenses.

Here are a few simple rules to help you with your claims:

  • You must have incurred the expense in the year you are claiming it
  • The expense must be work related and not private in nature.


We recommend that you keep all your work and business related receipts to maximise your refund and minimise your tax when preparing your tax return.